January 2, 2016

But He is Greater

I have this reoccurring nightmare. It comes back to me time and time again, mostly when I'm exhausted. It started up again last year. The nightmare hurts. Sometimes during the day it'll replay, I have a verse I repeat until it goes away but it's taxing. I feel as if it takes all my strength just to push the memory back down down deep inside the hole where it belongs. Its been coming now every night for three days, I know that doesn't seem long but to me this nightmare is my darkest hole. Three days, three days too long.

Tonight I sat down with my bible hoping to find peace from His word. I tried telling Him how it felt to be back there again, the only words that came were tears that stained the pages of my bible, but it was in those tears my heart remembered 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness."  It brought hope, it's gentle reminder that I'm not defeated. He is strong in my weakness.

I know the nightmare will truly never go away until the time comes to be with my Heavenly Father but until that day, He'll be my rock helping me deal because nothing is too much for Him to handle. I hope whoever's reading this will find that to be true for them as well.

God is for you, not against you. Your burden you carry, please let it go and watch how He carries you. Renew yourself in His word daily and pray...my gosh never stop praying, I can't even stretch that one enough, just never stop praying! The Lord wants to hear you talk with Him. Yea yea, I know you're thinking He already knows your heart but there's something powerful in speaking your thoughts aloud, share them with Him, all day long and watch how it changes you. I can't promise you your burden will go away but with time it'll be more bearable.

It's January 2nd, I have 4 rules for you -

1) Name your burden
2) Renew your mind daily in His word.
3) Pray without ceasing.
4) Don't forget these rules 


xoxo

Philippians 4:13
1 Thessalonians 5:17
2 Timothy 1:7

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you for this post. I think I take blog posts more seriously than facebook status'. I see so many good reminders to be in God's word on Facebook but when it's on a blog I know the writer too a lot of time to write in a place that's not so likely to be seen (because, people don't appreciate blogs like they should).
    I need to be in God's Word more often.... because we all have those dark moments and deep holes to battle.
    <3

    ReplyDelete